Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Great Cupcake - Sucky Service

Everyone is feeling this worldwide economic crunch. I'm less effected now that I've moved from California and now actually get a paycheck that is not Taxed to Death. Only working Part Time for over a year now, I really have to choose carefully what I should be spending my money on. I like to support the Great Ma and Pa Businesses here in our Podunk town but it's gotten to the point if I go in every morning for a cup of coffee which nowadays cost me anywhere from 1.25 - 5.00 with tip I want the person handing me the coffee to be at minimum, coherent and smile.
Life is so much easier and fun when you choose to be happy. Just today I jumped off the bus early to grab coffee at a local bread shop. This was our conversation:

Me: "Do you get a lot more traffic in here during our tourist season?" (our state population doubles here in July/August)

Her: "Nope, Not at all"

Me: (Being in the advertising business and concerned, I ask) "Are you o.k. with that?"

Her: Yep! Totally! The few less jerks I have to deal with, the better!"

Me: (Thinking to myself) "Damn! I'm glad this coffee only cost 1.25 and you don't have a tip jar! :0)

That conversation and another from yesterday prompted me to Google "Do Happy People make more money?" I already knew the answer but I came across this great website
Millionaire Mommy

No comments: